Swedish Miniature Books

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 5:45 AM
      Does anyone have information about Swedish miniature books?

      A book (not miniatures) collector in Sweden has 5 copies of a miniature book
      called Ftitiofs Saga. It was published in 1959 by the publishing company
      Allhelm. It contains 12 photogravures and is bound in blue leather.

      The collector believes that it is the only modern Swedish miniature book.

      Does anyone know of any others?

      Neale M. Albert

      Thank You.
    • catharijnepress
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11 9:34 AM
        Dear Miniature friends,

        We, the new owners of Catharijne Press Miniature Books, have found
        your newsgroup and I've done a little bit of homework regarding
        Swedish books.

        For those of you wanting to know more of 'Fritiofs Saga', look at
        Bondy, p. 180. On p. 181 Bondy also mentions a 'Codex Argenteus'.

        In Doris Varner Welsh's 'A Bibliography of Miniature Books (1470-
        1965)' I found the following Swedish books:

        no. 734: Svenska Psalm Boken (Götheborg, 1833)
        no. 1972: Codex Argenteus (Uppsala, 1959)
        no. 6513: Stockhholms Almanach (Stockholm, 17--)
        no. 6631: Fritiofs Saga (Malmö, 1959)

        The 'Svenka Psalm Boken'is also listed in Spielmann, no.471a.

        Best wishes,

        Trijnie Duut
        Catharijne Press Miniature Books
        Evertsenlaan 5a