Text of Andreas Ganiaris letter

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2003
      This is the letter i tried to send before.
      ----- Forwarded by Neale M Albert/PaulWeiss on 03/12/2003 03:22 PM -----
      |--------+------------------------>
      | | Tina Lopez |
      | | |
      | | 03/12/2003 |
      | | 03:14 PM |
      | | |
      |--------+------------------------>
      | |
      | To: Neale M Albert/PaulWeiss@PaulWeiss |
      | cc: |
      | Subject: Text of Andreas Ganiaris letter |

      Rafina, March 3 2003

      Dear M Albert.

      Thank you for your letter of February 1 1 which gave me great pleasure and at
      the same time a taste of sadness.
      Pleasure because all my life I have been working binding books and this great
      art offered me a pleasant way of gaining my life, finding the Joy of creation
      and understanding the deepest meaning of life- For yes, fee! - a "happy man" and
      this precious feeling allows me to work only for pleasure and not money. This is
      my way to stay FREE.

      On the other hand there is this taste of sadness I mentioned. Your proposal is
      of great interest to me but has it come at the right time?
      Do I have the right to think or art, creation or other goods of civilization
      while the clouds of war, probably a disastrous one, surround my country?

      To this dilemma my answer is yes. I accept your proposal. My "aliby" is that I
      have not the right to refuse to a man who has the sensitivity to
      love the art of bookbinding, an art that delivers things made of peace, beauty
      and mind. So please do not hesitate to send me the book you prefer, no matter
      what the content is. Each bookbinding is to me like a puzzle I have to deal with
      and finally resolve. I touch the book for the first time and the endeavor
      begins- My last attempt will drive me to the most preferred binding. What will
      the book like exactly? Beautiful or not? I cannot tell. But I can tell that it
      will be honest and true.

      Looking forward to hearing from you,

      Truly yours,

      Andreas Ganiaris
      PS. Instead of some photos I am sending you my book, the workof aliletirne.
      Please accept It as a gift.

      ** TflTPI PPflF-fll **

      Thank You.