New Mystical Places Press books for 2003

  • jtimm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2003
      I would like to introduce the first two Mystical Places Press Books of 2003.
      I invite you to visit http://www.mysticalplaces.com, which has been newly
      updated after much delay.

      Yellowstone Autumn
      Last October while on a major sales trip in the East and Midwest, I
      stopped off at Yellowstone National Park to photograph images for the
      Yellowstone book series, Yellowstone Autumn is the third book in this series.
      Yellowstone Winter, the 1st book, sold out last year. I have a few left of
      Yellowstone Spring, the 2nd book in the series. This series explores our
      nations most dramatic and unique park through its wondrous seasonal changes.
      With the same format as the Yellowstone Spring and Yellowstone Winter,
      Yellowstone Autumn has little surprise images on the back and the front
      images stand out from the text, it can be opened book-like or in accordion
      fashion. Made from double strips of paper, the background paper has a quote
      by John Muir, and the foreground sheet has brilliant images of Yellowstone
      National Park in the Autumn. Comes with a ribbon tie with a wooden leaf
      charm.

      Meadow Rock
      Because I was a printmaker before I caught the artist book passion, I
      have a number of prints in storage under my bed. One I have one framed in my
      bathroom titled “Meadow Rock”. One day I decided to make a book out of it. I
      thought a flag book would be intriguing way to showcase the print. Due the
      limited run of the original serigraph prints this is a small edition of 25. I
      suggest the optional duo-tone matching clamshell case for a unique
      presentation of a typically 2 dimensional media.
      The meadow rock image is a hand pulled serigraph printed in 8 colors on
      archival printmaking paper by Jill Timm. Meadow Rocks unusual “flag” book
      structure, was invented by well known book designer, Hedi Kyle.

      Thanks to my collectors, last year was a very successful year for
      Mystical Places Press. Many editions were sold out. Many more libraries and
      collectors across the U.S. have added these books to their collections.
      Thank you for your interest, I appreciate your support.

      Jill
      Jill Timm
      Mystical Places Press
      Handcrafted artist books,