URGENT: VIRUS ALERT! open immediately!

  • cabowie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2003
      If you are in my address book you may have been sent a virus. To eradicate the virus follow these steps:

      1: Go to the start menu.
      2: Choose Find, or search.
      3: Search your c drive and sub-files or folders for: jdbgmgr.exe (it has a teddy bear icon)
      4: If and when you find it DO NOT OPEN IT.
      5: Go to Edit, and choose Select All.
      6: Go to File, and select Delete (It will go to your recycle bin)

      Send this message to everyone in your address book, then immediately delete it.
      Sorry for the inconvienience.
      Carol A Bowie

    • Jere Wilson <jwilson@ndeavor.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2003
        Dear Members -

        This is a common HOAX virus. Please refer to the following web link
        for further information:

        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

        Basically, the file referenced (Jdbgmgr.exe) is really only used by
        Microsoft's J++ development language, and thus, if removed, would not
        do any harm except for those programming in that language. This is a
        HOAX virus message perpetuated by those that hate everything
        Microsoft.

        Jere Wilson