Exhibition

  • Donn Sanford
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2002
      From a friend in Houston, Texas, I have learned the following about the
      miniature book exhibit Anelika asked about:

      a selection of 31 items from Anna Hornak's collection which is said to
      number in excess of one thousand. Hornak is a retired Houston Public Library
      executive who gave her collection to the Museum several years ago. They will
      be changing the exhibit every three or four months each time focusing on a
      particular theme. The first group was a selection of books on the book
      arts.<<<<<

      Sounds like a great article for the MBS Newsletter!

      Donn

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2003
        There will be an exhibitioin of artists books by MBS member Ed Hutchins at The
        Arthur and Mata Jaffee Collection at Florida Atlantic University Wimberly
        Library from June 12 to July 31. I don't know I any will be miniatures. Perhaps
        he will tell us.

        Thank You.
      • Angelika Jaeck
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2005
          Hi!

          any one planing a trip to Germany in the next month should try to come to
          Berlin!

          Our miniature book society "Freundeskreis Miniaturbuch Berlin" and the
          Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin (Central Library of Berlin) will be
          hosting a miniature book exhibition at this library. It will be on from
          April 16 to June 3, 2005.

          You can find the opening hours on our website www.minibuch-berlin.de . Only
          in German, but I will upload an English page in a few days. Also, there is
          a notice in the new edition of the MBS Newsletter, on page 11.

          Or contact me for more information.

          Best wishes,
          Angelika
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 13, 2010
            Part of my miniature book collection will be exhibited this Summer at the
            Headley-Whitney Museum in Lexington, Kentucky.

            The title of the exhibition is "Brush Up Your Shakespeare : Miniature
            Designer Bindings From The Collection of Neale M. Albert."

            The exhibition will run from mid August to mid October.

            IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
            that any
            attachments)
            of (i) avoiding
            recommending

            (212) 373-3341 (Phone) | (212) 492-0341 (Fax)
            www.paulweiss.com
            notify us immediately.