Miniature books from the Alembic Press

  • AlembicPrs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2002
      I have just updated our brief list of books plus pics, at
      http://members.aol.com/alembooks/minlist.htm

      As before, the pics are with my cheap and cheerful webcam, which I have not
      yet mastered. The focus is manual, but fiddly as one has to rush between
      camera (on window sill to get the light) and pc. The light levels are poor,
      there does not seem to be a way of adjusting the camera for this. Too much
      light and just get glare, too little and it is all dark. Also, white pages
      can come out blue, etc. There is a small menu that implies a brightness
      control, but the program crashes when I try it!! But the pics give a vague
      idea.

      Now I must get back to printing a miniature specimen book of 6 point
      typefaces and borders, just to prove to myself that casting and setting 6pt
      is a doddle. Done a page of Old Style, Baskerville, Plantin so far, and about
      to print Imprint, and then keyboard and cast Gill, Greek and Grot, by the end
      of this month.

      David Bolton
      The Alembic Press, Oxford, UK
      http://members.aol.com/alembicprs/