Exhibition

  • Angelika Jaeck
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2002
      Hi everybody!

      I just came across a notice about a Miniature Book Exhibition at
      the Museum of Printing History in Houston, TX, going on the whole
      year if I read it correctly.

      Anyone from that area willing to tell us about it?

      Here is the url where I saw the notice:
      http://houston.citysearch.com/profile/11500760/

      Best wishes from Germany!

      Angelika
    • Donn Sanford
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2002
        From a friend in Houston, Texas, I have learned the following about the
        miniature book exhibit Anelika asked about:

        a selection of 31 items from Anna Hornak's collection which is said to
        number in excess of one thousand. Hornak is a retired Houston Public Library
        executive who gave her collection to the Museum several years ago. They will
        be changing the exhibit every three or four months each time focusing on a
        particular theme. The first group was a selection of books on the book
        arts.<<<<<

        Sounds like a great article for the MBS Newsletter!

        Donn

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2003
          There will be an exhibitioin of artists books by MBS member Ed Hutchins at The
          Arthur and Mata Jaffee Collection at Florida Atlantic University Wimberly
          Library from June 12 to July 31. I don't know I any will be miniatures. Perhaps
          he will tell us.

          Thank You.
        • Angelika Jaeck
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 11, 2005
            Hi!

            any one planing a trip to Germany in the next month should try to come to
            Berlin!

            Our miniature book society "Freundeskreis Miniaturbuch Berlin" and the
            Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin (Central Library of Berlin) will be
            hosting a miniature book exhibition at this library. It will be on from
            April 16 to June 3, 2005.

            You can find the opening hours on our website www.minibuch-berlin.de . Only
            in German, but I will upload an English page in a few days. Also, there is
            a notice in the new edition of the MBS Newsletter, on page 11.

            Or contact me for more information.

            Best wishes,
            Angelika
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 13, 2010
              Part of my miniature book collection will be exhibited this Summer at the
              Headley-Whitney Museum in Lexington, Kentucky.

              The title of the exhibition is "Brush Up Your Shakespeare : Miniature
              Designer Bindings From The Collection of Neale M. Albert."

              The exhibition will run from mid August to mid October.

              IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
              that any
              attachments)
              of (i) avoiding
              recommending

              (212) 373-3341 (Phone) | (212) 492-0341 (Fax)
              www.paulweiss.com
              notify us immediately.