Re: [miniaturebooks] Events

  • ThomasPETERX@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2001
      Thank you Jan for kind words. We are lucky that we have formed bonds with
      people like you from many countries through the Mini Book Society and cannot
      conceive of such hatred.
      Donna Thomas
    • Jon Mayo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2001
        Hello to everyone, from Vermont.

        As I was walking my dogs last evening, and again tonight--we live in a rural
        area, but on a highway which normally has quite a bit of traffic. There was
        almost none. We live near an airport--there was no FEDEX plane at 7 o'clock;
        there was no UPS plane to Boston at 8--there was no US AIR Express to Boston at
        8:30--an eerie, stunning silence...

        It is an awakening, that although we are tucked away in the hills of a quiet
        little state, we are affected by events so many miles away. Hatred is a
        terrible thing.

        To all of you, you are in my heart, and in my prayers at this horrid time. It
        is good to know there are friends who care, as close by as this e-mail address.
        Thank you to those who have shared their thoughts and kind words from far away.

        Jon Mayo