Events

  • Jan Kellett
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2001
      Along with the rest of the world we have watched with stunned horror the attacks on America and hope that all our friends are safe. Words cannot express the outrage at such futile and indiscriminate killing, we can only offer our sympathy and support. Jan Kellett

    • ThomasPETERX@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2001
        Thank you Jan for kind words. We are lucky that we have formed bonds with
        people like you from many countries through the Mini Book Society and cannot
        conceive of such hatred.
        Donna Thomas
      • Jon Mayo
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2001
          Hello to everyone, from Vermont.

          As I was walking my dogs last evening, and again tonight--we live in a rural
          area, but on a highway which normally has quite a bit of traffic. There was
          almost none. We live near an airport--there was no FEDEX plane at 7 o'clock;
          there was no UPS plane to Boston at 8--there was no US AIR Express to Boston at
          8:30--an eerie, stunning silence...

          It is an awakening, that although we are tucked away in the hills of a quiet
          little state, we are affected by events so many miles away. Hatred is a
          terrible thing.

          To all of you, you are in my heart, and in my prayers at this horrid time. It
          is good to know there are friends who care, as close by as this e-mail address.
          Thank you to those who have shared their thoughts and kind words from far away.

          Jon Mayo