Newbie Intro

  • Bevfolkard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2001
      Hi there

      I rather rudely plunged in the other day with a question and didn't bother to
      tell you about my self. I do apologise and hope I didn't offend.

      I live in Essex, UK, although I'm not an Essex girl (fellow UKers will know
      the jokes).

      I am a Textile Artist primarily, with a love of words and books..... in fact
      I want to make more and more books, of any sort. What has held me back to
      date is means of display in exhibitions - I'm currently participating in only
      my third exhibition, but to date most of it is hanging space, only. Although
      I am mentally working on means to 'hang' books for display!!!

      I like books in any format - the art variety of various folds and
      manipulations, as well as the more traditional book.

      I only recently realised that my previous life in the legal profession meant
      I had made hundreds of books - because all the documents were sewn up with a
      Japanese Stab Binding - but of course I didn't know that back then.

      Not really sure if I count in being here, cos my work would involve stitch
      and fabric in the construction, not print/drawing.
      I have today made silk 'paper' for a mini book I intend to make - I believe
      it's called a star book (folds round on itself to form a start pattern). I
      love puns on phrases, or deliberate mis-spellings - so I already have the
      title " A Swarm of B's" - because each page is going to be embroidered with a
      letter 'b'.

      I run another YahooGroup (ThreadEnds) for Textile Artists and there are
      several on that list too, who are passionate about making books as well.
      I have already given them the MBS website details.

      I doubt I have the knowledge and experience to join in much, but I look
      forward to hearing all your chatter.

      Beverley (Essex, UK)
      Bevfolkard@...
      http://www.angelfire.com/art/bevfolkardtextileart