Newbie Question

  • Bevfolkard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2001
      Hi all

      I'm new here... and have joined cos I have a love of books of all kind,
      whether I make them or just buy to read!!

      I have what may be an silly question, but I've searched various sites and
      can't find an answer - had a quick search of the Group archives but found
      nothing under my search criteria. I hope you don't find it an imposition to
      ask.

      I have loads of info on the various terms used in book binding etc etc - BUT,
      I cannot find anywhere the criteria for defining miniature books!!

      I simply want to know if there is an industry standard measurement, below
      which a book is termed as a miniature book - it feels like everyone knows
      these dimensions, except me!!!

      Many thanks, and I hope I've not offended by asking what may be obvious.....

      Beverley (Essex, UK)
      Bevfolkard@...
      http://www.angelfire.com/art/bevfolkardtextileart

    • Bevfolkard@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2001
        Hi

        Thanks everyone who answered my size question - it's been like an itch you
        can't scratch!!!

        I will study all the various websites you've given me (and expect lots of
        'wow's from this direction).

        Many thanks