Re: [miniaturebooks] Canadian Chapter

  • Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2001
      From: Tanya Adele Koehnke <artwords@...>
      To: <miniaturebooks@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 4:39 PM
      Subject: [miniaturebooks] Canadian Chapter

      > Dear Members,
      >
      > A Canadian resident living in Toronto, Ontario, I am wondering if anyone
      > knows of miniature book exhibitions, seminars, workshops, etc. that will
      > be held in my area in the near future. I am also wondering if there is
      > a Canadian chapter for miniature book collectors and enthusiasts.
      >
      > With great thanks,
      >
      > Tanya Adele Koehnke

      > Hi, it was very nice to read your message. My wife and I are long -time
      members of MBS and I am the (outgoing) vice-president of the Society. Last
      year I was unsuccessful in trying to organize an EasternCanada-New England
      regional chapter which geographically would be much more feasable than a
      Canadian chapter - we are too big a country! We go to conclaves every year
      and I suggest that you - and other Canadian members - get into the habit
      of attending those meetings. There you could meet your fellow Canadians, as
      well as others from all over the world. Conclaves, however, occur only once
      a year. So far there have not been enough people in the Toronto area
      interested in miniature books to form a local chapter. I'd love to see one
      that could function as a miniature book club, eg. monthly meetings for book
      swaping, presentations etc. We need more people to come forward like you.

      Best regards:

      Paul Devenyi