4000 Years of Miniature Books

  • gfoxbkbinder@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2001
      The exhibition at the Lilly Library is wonderful! Most of the books are from
      Ruth Adomeit's amazing collection, but there are a few which have come from
      other collections at the library. Cases full of tiny books!

      Julian Edison's presentation covered the history of miniature books with
      amusing comments and stories including a few about both himself and Ruth.

      I think the whole library pitched in to put this all together. Nearly all
      the books exhibited have their own little cradles so that the text is
      visible. Give Stephen Cape a day off and he'll be getting things ready for
      our visit in August. The food at the reception afterwards was very good as
      well!

      Gabrielle Fox