email newsletter

  • NMA815@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2001
      Angelica is right. We must be doing interesting things to share.

      Here is the report from New York City.

      I have just joined the Grolier Club. For my admissions interview i brought along some of my designer bound miniature books. The Committee loved them. Im going to include some in the "New Members Collect" exhibition this summer. And i really would like to exhibit them all there some day.

      I am hard at work on the 2001 Yearbook. Should be finished in a few weeks.

      The number of MBS members is still going down. We need to do something. Any suggestions? Im the Chair of the
      Membership Committee, so please send me your ideas.

      Im going to be in London in May, attending the London Dollhouse Festival. Mike Garbett and I showed miniature books last year. I wonder if there is any interest in having an MBS get-together while im there. Last year there were four of us there at once - me, Mike, Tim Sheppard and Pinkie Kavanaugh.

      Im publishing a miniature book. My new press name is Piccolo Press. My first book will be "Crazy Horse". It consists of photographs by Max Vadukul taken at the nightclub in Paris.

      Eileen Cummings was in NYC recently, and she came by our home for dinner.

      Well, thats enough for now. I hope my efforts will prompt others to add their reports.

      Neale M. Albert