Conclaves

  • Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2000
      This is just a progress report, in my capacity as the MBS Board's designated conclave liaison.

      Steve Cape and Paul Brown have a very exciting conclave planned for Indy over Labor Day weekend 2001. Watch for the preliminary program in the January Newsletter.

      I would like to have some feedback about one item. Saturday will be a very busy day, starting with an early morning annual meeting followed by a trip to Bloomington to see the Adomeit collection and have some workshops there. The swap hour would be squeezed in between the return from Bloomington to Indianapolis and the auction in the evening. Do you think this is too much? Is there enough interest in the swap meet? I thought in Rutland we got this off to a reasonably successful start and several people indicated that they would take part in the next one.Still, I would like to have a general feel about this, in terms of scheduling.

      Another preliminary information: in 2002 we will likely go to California, perhaps in october, either to Sacramento or to the Asilomar conference center near Monterey, depending where we can get the better deal. Your conclave host will be Patty Marchal.

      Paul Devenyi