Virus and such

  • Angelika Jaeck
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
      Hi everybody,

      I am terribly sorry for causing so much trouble here. I really
      did have a virus, one that sneaks e-mails out of your own pc
      right after you sent one. Why do people waste their time and
      energy programming all the useless viruses?
      I didn't know I had one, it is the first one I got in my 5 online
      years. My virus protection was quite old and couldn't recognize
      the virus because it is a newer one. So I bought another program,
      updated it via internet and it repaired all my infected files.
      Now my pc is clean and it's safe to send mails again. The virus
      is not as dangerous as some are, just causes a lot of trouble but
      you can easily get rid of it with out losing your files.
      I know some of you have caught the virus, because some e-mail
      programs automatically open every attachment! If yours does, try
      to find out how you can change that. My sincere apologies to
      anyone whos pc was infected.

      If you want to be sure that you didn't catch the darn thing, then
      send me an e-mail. If I get a sneaky mail right after yours, then
      your pc is infected and I'll let you know.
      My new virus protection (Norton Antivirus 2000) is wonderful,
      easy to use and it works with email attachments, so it will block
      out all new viruses that come from the internet!

      Now, let's get back to miniature books. I would also be
      interested in participating in any deal concerning the Bela Blau
      collection!

      Kind regards,
      Angelika
    • Dr. Tom Parks
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2000
        Hello from a new voice--
        It's been most enjoyable reading the ccomments and observations
        from other MBS folks these past few months, but then when that dreaded
        virus struck I was afraid to open anything for awhile. So Angelika's note
        yesterday was most welcomed, and I'm back keeping tabs on all the comments
        and currents. For anybody interested, I would appreciate some helpful
        guidance or advice. I want to publish a miniature book on The Rosetta
        Stone. (In my office I have an exact duplicate, a pressing, of the stone
        which I bought at the British Museum years ago.) Does anybody know a
        publisher of miniatures who might be interested in taking on this job? I
        have the complete manuscript and have bound a sample copy. Any help or
        suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!