More info on Germany

  • INKYDEW@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 9:29 AM
      There are many Jewish members who won't go to Conclave because it's in
      Germany (historically understandable). BUT I asked Ralf if it's possible to
      offer a tour of a Concentration camp. Well, he has come through and here is
      an edited version of his reply to me:
      2. On Monday evening in Chartleston you said you are interested in
      visiting a KZ (concentration camp) and that you think that other Jewish
      members
      would certainly be interested too. I said: OK we do it and so I started
      to plan!!!!
      We agreed that it would NOT be an official tour in the conclave program,
      but only for interested jewish members, who are informed by you. So it
      is planned for Thursday, 19th while the others make a rhine cruise.

      3. I think it takes about 3 to 4 hrs to get there

      4. No more costs........or lets say what it is worth for s.o. in the
      end.....or so???!!!! (In other words, a tip to tour guide).

      5. NO, NOT IN THE NEWSLETTER. IT IS NO SIGHTSEEING LIKE CLIMBING ON A
      CHURCHTOWER.
      HIS email is: quaddel@...

      Also, relay your concerns to him! He has gone through a lot of planning just
      just like past hosts/hostesses.
      Eileen (inkydew@...)