The Conclave

  • Jon Mayo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 9:51 AM
      Dear All,

      I was pleased to see excitement building about the Conclave. At last
      count we have about 90 registrants. They are from as far away as
      Russia, Slovenia and Australia.
      There will be at least 30 exhibitors at the Book Fair. There are 13 or
      more keepsakes--nicely thought out, very topical, and absolutely
      delightful. There will be over 200 items in the auction; Bob Massman
      has been hard at work on the auction catalog, and things are still
      trickling in. I hope Donn has accumulated some nice things for the
      silent auction.

      The weather in Vermont this summer has been cooler than normal, but it
      is
      dry now, after a very rainy spring. Most days the temperatures are in
      the 70's and low '80's; it would be wonderful if this weather could be
      put on hold for the conclave, but it will surely be cooler, and we can
      hope for no rain, with great visibility so you can enjoy your trip to
      the beautiful Green Mountain state.

      For those who are driving, the Holiday Inn is at the intersection of US
      Routes 4 and 7 just south of Rutland. If you come in on route 4 from
      the west, it will be on your left--just turn onto 4/7 north, and make a
      left at the first light you come to. if you come up route 7 from the
      south, plan to make a left turn at the 4th traffic light, use the left
      turn lane directly into the hotel parking lot. From the north, the
      hotel is on the "far side" of the city, but that's only about three
      miles. The hotel will be on your right after you leave the city. From
      the east, just follow US Route 4/7 through the city. (4 and 7 are
      combined for a while). Just like from the north, once you are on 4/7
      south, the hotel is on the right after you leave the city.

      I hope that's clear enough. Have a great trip!

      Jon

      If anyone has any questions at all, let me know; I'm here to help.

      Best wishes to everyone,

      Jon

      The Holiday Inn has been an absolute delight to work with. For those of
      you who are arriving on Thursday, I plan to visit the hotel that
      evening. I'm looking forward to all of this with rapidly building
      excitement; it should be a fine conclave.