Exhibition in Madrid

  • Paul Aarssen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2000
      Hello everyone,

      back from a trip to Andalusia we made a stop for a couple of days in
      Madrid, a.o. to visit our favourite bookshop (Libreria del Prado). We were
      very surprised to hear that that particulary day was the last day of an
      exhibition of miniature books in the Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas.
      Because of the nature of the museum the emphasis was on the bindings. There
      were two sections: "old" bindings (from an XVIc manuscript bound in gold
      and jewels to an embroided binding of Carmen Tiagonce from 1998.; and a
      section contemporary bindings, which were especially made for this
      exhibition.
      We had a superb afternoon!
      The museum has issued a catalogue with a good introduction and color
      pictions of all the showed books. I guess that it is still available. We
      paid 1800 pesetas ($20??). ( Pequenos y Exquisitos ; tesoros en miniatura.
      Madrid, Museo nacional de Artes Decorativas, 2000. ISBN 84-95241-11-0).

      Paul & Gerda Aarssen
      The Netherlands