Report from London

  • NMA815@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2000
      Miniature books are alive and well in London!

      Margaret and I just returned from London, where i exhibited part of my
      miniature book collection at the London Dollshouse Festival. It went really
      well. Michael Garbett added some of his books to the exhibit also.

      We gave out a LOT of MBS membership applications. I hope that some of them
      are returned to us.

      On Sunday afternoon we had an impromptu MBS members meeting. There were
      three of us there -- me, Tim Sheppard and Pinkie Kavanaugh. Pinkie had never
      gone to any MBS meeting before. She was afraid that since she doesnt know
      anyone she would feel lonely. I told her how nice the conclaves are and i
      think she will be attending Vermont, so you will all have a chance to meet
      her too.

      Pinkie collects mostly olderbooks. She brought with her a German book. I
      didnt recognize it.It was a shame that Michael wasnt there (he was
      participating in an antiquarian book show that day).

      Also, i have finished work on the 2000 Yearbook, and Donn is now arranhging
      for it to be printed and mailed, so you should all have it soon.

      Now all i have to do is starve myself to recover from all the bangers and
      mash of last week.

      All best,

      Neale