Boston-Rutland flights for Conclave XVIII

  • Jon Mayo
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      For those who may find the information helpful, I just spoke with USAir
      regarding
      the ColganAir connections from Boston to Rutland.

      There are four flights daily:
      6:55 a.m.
      12:20 p.m.
      2:30 p.m.
      5:50 p.m.

      The flights take just under an hour. The round trip fair, provided you
      stay over Saturday night, is currently $204.50 including taxes.
      We will be meeting incoming flights so there should be no problem in
      getting you
      from the Rutland Airport to the Holiday Inn.

      Your other options are New York City, then to Rutland via Amtrak;
      or fly into Albany, New York or Burlington, Vermont, and rent a car.
      Rutland is
      100 miles from Albany and about 70 from Burlington.

      Be sure to let me know if you encounter any problems.

      Jon Mayo
    • Donn Sanford
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2000
        Jon:

        I'm sure that the fare is less than that when combined with fares to Boston
        from "home."

        Donn

        At 10:10 AM 4/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
        >Dear Friends,
        >
        >For those who may find the information helpful, I just spoke with USAir
        >regarding
        >the ColganAir connections from Boston to Rutland.
        >
        >There are four flights daily:
        > 6:55 a.m.
        > 12:20 p.m.
        > 2:30 p.m.
        > 5:50 p.m.
        >
        >The flights take just under an hour. The round trip fair, provided you
        >stay over Saturday night, is currently $204.50 including taxes.
        >We will be meeting incoming flights so there should be no problem in
        >getting you
        >from the Rutland Airport to the Holiday Inn.
        >
        >Your other options are New York City, then to Rutland via Amtrak;
        >or fly into Albany, New York or Burlington, Vermont, and rent a car.
        >Rutland is
        >100 miles from Albany and about 70 from Burlington.
        >
        >Be sure to let me know if you encounter any problems.
        >
        > Jon Mayo

        >Was the salesman clueless? Productopia has the answers.

      • Mary Lynn
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2000
          Dear Friends,

          Here's a bit more Conclave transportation information for you:

          Greyhound/Vermont Transit bus service from Boston. This may help any of you
          who were having problems making connections out of Boston.

          11:45 a.m. arrives Rutland 4:30 p.m.
          2 p.m. arrives Rutland 6:30 p.m. (this is the express run; far fewer stops
          than the
          other two listings)
          4:30 p.m. arrives Rutland 9:15 p.m.
          The cost is just $65.00 round trip.
          If you like bus travel, this is a very nice way to get a look at some of
          northern New England's gorgeous scenery.

          So far no one has asked, but if you need the information I can post bus times
          from
          Burlington, Vt. and Albany, NY if you wish.

          Vegetarians -- let me know -- there will be a fish dish at all three of the
          evening
          meals at the Conclave.

          Best to all of you from Sunny Vermont (at last)!

          Jon (and Mary Lynn, who is assisting me on the Conclave committee)