  • pianoprint@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2000
      Dear Paul & Mary. Enjoyed your summary of activities. Makes uslooklike sticks in the Mud! It appears that Mary is doing the bindingon your books. Are you also doing the design and printingyourselves?I'm beginning to think that we may be doing too much. Ittakes us a long time to complete a book. Our first book, about ayear and half ago, was a 50 copy edition of Mother Goose NurseryRhymes and I am just now in the binding of our newest book: To EveryThing There Is A Season... which will be an 85 copy edition, handcolored. We attended a conclave two years ago. Skipped Germany! Andare planning to attend Rutland. Will probably take some time to dosightseeing in Boston and perhaps New York also. I see you will havea table at the conclave. I've been thinking that with only twobooks, it wouldn't be worthwhile for us. What is your opinion? Ifthis is the second E-mail from me on this subject, I'd best explainthat just as I was sending the other, my computer went off line. Don't know if it was actually sent or not. Look forward to seeingyou at Conclave. PhilMorrison, Shoestring Press.
    • Donn Sanford
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2000
        Dear Phil (and others):

        As a collector, I strongly urge you to spend the $25 or so to get a
        bookfair table. Many collectors are more likely to buy your books if you
        are there to show them off and talk about them. Dealers do a great job for
        us all, but a dealer will have hundreds of books on his/her table . . . if
        you have your own table, they're spotlighted!

        Donn