Conclave XVIII

  • Jon Mayo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      Several people have asked for the following information, so I thought I
      would publish it here for you.

      Complete Conclave XVIII information will be published in the forthcoming
      issue of the "Newsletter".

      In the meantime, if anyone wants to book their flight or make a hotel
      reservation, here's the info:

      Conclave dates: September 1-4, 2000

      If you are flying: US Air Express operates Colgan Air, which flies directly
      from Boston-Rutland several times a day. Reservations may be made by
      calling (800) 428-4322.

      There are no direct flights from New York to Rutland. But if you want to
      come in via New York City, Amtrak operates the Ethan Allen Express from New
      York City to Rutland twice a day out of Manhattan. There is a baggage car,
      and a club car which serves light meals. The trip is just 5-1/2 hours, and
      it is truly a beautiful ride, much of it along the east bank of the Hudson
      River through the Catskill Mountains.
      It's a great way to travel from or to New York City from Vermont.

      The Holiday Inn Centre of Vermont's number in Rutland is (802) 775-1911, or
      you can use the national reservation number which is (800) 462-4810. We
      have a special rate of $79.00 a night, so be sure to mention that you are a
      member of MBS.

      A shuttle to the Hotel will meet all plane and train arrivals.

      If anyone has any problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask.

      See you in September!