Syrian Leather

  • gfoxbkbinder@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2000
      At the moment I am working on a little French/English Dictionary that
      I believe was issued to an Englishman during WWII when he went to
      Tripoli. When I tried to research the battle(?) I got a bit confused
      and after consulting my uncle, who had been in Egypt during the war,
      found out there were two Tripolis. One in Libya which was held
      before by the Italians and one in Syria which had been held by the
      French. During the conversation my uncle remembered a leather
      referred to as Damas-something? I've already begun on the binding
      and am keeping it quite simple, but now am very curious to know what
      he was referring to. Any one have any idea?