help!!!

  • NMA815@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2000
      Can anyone help me to identify something? I went to a book show last night
      and bought a miniature book. Its the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, translated by
      Edward Fitzgerald. It was published by Leopold B. Hill, 101 Gt. Russell St.,
      London. No date. The cover is decorated by a floral border and has a lovely
      illustration of a peacock pasted on. I cant find any reference to it.

      Neale
    • Jon H. Mayo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
        To: NMA815@...

        Dear Neale,

        We've seen two books from Leopold Hill, one a "Sonnets from the
        Portuguese", and the other"Love Letters of Abelard and Heloise"; both
        were slightly oversize (about 3-3/8" tall). We've never seen the
        "Rubaiyat". The two books to which I referred had been rebound in nice
        bindings, so we have no idea what they may have originally looked like.
        This is not much information, but I thought I would share what we have.

        Jon Mayo