our website

  • Pat Baldwin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2000
      OK Neale, you're right. Let's get chatty!

      DID YOU KNOW; that the MBS website got 68,300 hits in the month of January?
      Jeez Louise, that's a lot of traffic!

      I wish more members would take advantage of this and send me new books,
      book wants, your collection highlights, whatever...

      Especially the publishers. YOU can sell the little buggers on the internet,
      if you'll just promote them! Eveywhere I go while I'm online, I put
      references to our website. I enter it in to the top 10 search engines every
      3 months. About 50% of my book business is totally Internet connected.

      While the publishers are selling, the collectors are collecting. It's
      called a symbiotic relationship! Let's get some traffic moving in the
      miniature book commerce area.

      Cordially,

      Pat
    • Dr. Tom Parks
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2000
        What a welcome idea this exchange is! I didn't know about it earlier when I
        wrote a rather long (and admittedly pithy) letter to our new MBA president
        remarking on the sense of unease I had after reading the previous newsletter
        and the implied cattiness among the news reports of Conclaves, etc. Then --
        this latest newsletter arrived. What a welcome difference! In its pages I was
        fortunate enough to find the web address to this excahnge, and now I have
        renewed interest in the whole magical enterprise of miniature books. It has
        been more than a little gratifying to see the remarkable improvement in quality
        and tone of everything MBA. The note from Pat Baldwin was especially welcome
        and the reference to selling our books on the web. If I may, I'd like to add
        that if there are any authors or publishers out there willing to autograph
        their progeny for buyers on the web, I have a most successful enterprise (no
        cost involved) that may interest them. (Forgive a brief commercial.) I've
        been an MBA member for at least 20 years, and I consider this latest
        development (newsletter, new slate of officers, etc.) most welcome, including
        the Vermont site for our next Conclave. Cheers!