Kavin exhibit

  • Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 1999
      Hello everyone! Many of you probably know about the wonderful miniature book"You can judge a book by its cover" published by Mel Kavin a few years ago. Even more interesting than the book
      itself, was Mel's remarkable project of commissioning 33 of the world's finest book artists
      to create one-of-a-kind designer bindings for this
      book. The result was an astonishing array of book art that was displayed in a very inviting catalog. Now, as we found out, these 33 books will be on display in Rochester N.Y. at the Rochester Institute of Technology during the month of June.
      There will be an initial 3-day conference "Bookbinding 2000" on june 1-3 which is probably over the head of most of us, except those who are professional bookbinding artists. But the Kavin miniature exhibit, plus other bookbinding exhibits
      will likely be a fascinating experience to those who like books and the exhibit will be open for the whole month of June. I thought I let you know if you can plan a trip to that area.

      Happy New Year to all of you!

      Paul Devenyi