Helene Sherman

  • Neale M. Albert
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2014
      I have a number of miniature books made years ago by Helene Sherman. They are exquisite. All hand made , in calligraphy and illumination. She was a very good artist. Most (perhaps all) of her books were passages from the bible.

      I haven't read anything about her in many years,

      I told Jim Brogan that I would try to write something about her for his magazine.

      I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me something about her.

      Neale

      Sent from my iPad
    • Randy Asplund
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 11, 2014
        Neale,

        I'm sorry to pass along sad news, but your post inspired me to look her up (obviously) and a Google search on her name and the words "book" and "illumination" turned up this 1996 obituary:

        If you would feel so inclined, I would be very interested in seeing pictures of her work.

        Randy Asplund

        On Aug 11, 2014, at 7:04 PM, 'Neale M. Albert ' nma8156@... [miniaturebooks] wrote:

        I have a number of miniature books made years ago by Helene Sherman. They are exquisite. All hand made , in calligraphy and illumination. She was a very good artist. Most (perhaps all) of her books were passages from the bible.

        I haven't read anything about her in many years,

        I told Jim Brogan that I would try to write something about her for his magazine.

        I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me something about her.

        Neale

        Sent from my iPad

        Randy Asplund

        Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"

        Maker of Medieval books and
        Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
        (734) 663-0954
        2101 S. Circle Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48103 USA

      • Barbara Williamson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 11, 2014
          Randy and Neale,
          I would love to do an article in the Miniature Book Society Newsletter on Helene Sherman. Would appreciate any info you find.

          Barbara Williamson

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2014
            Thanks, Barbara. I will send you a list of her books. I am thinking of an article in Jim Brogans magazine , not the newsletter.

            Sent from my iPad