Weber mini books

  • Cheryl Cordova
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Hello everyone

      I am working on a Conclave keepsake which would provide an update to Weber's 100, but need more information to describe a few of the books.  I have found conflicting descriptions online, in catalogs, and from Msgr. Weber himself as to size, pages, color/type of binding etc.  I'm not sure if there was a variant binding, a deluxe edition, or if there was a postage stamp in the book.  I understand that Msgr. Weber would run out of stamps but the books would still be sold, without a mention of a stamp.
      I have all but two of his books:
                 Cabrini, St. Frances X. A Visit to Santa Catalina. Monterey, CA: Hilleary and Petko, 1979. 14 pp. 2" x 1 5/8".
                   Colophon: One hundred and twenty copies of this miniature book were printed and bound by Roger Hilleary.  Edited by Msgr. Francis J. Weber. Frontispiece drawing by Elizabeth Hilleary. 14 pages.
              Weber, Msgr. Francis J.Dogs at the California Missions. New Britain CT: REM Miniatures, 1997.10 pp. 2 ¾ x 3 1/8, Cloth boards, pictorial label. 40 copies.
                (Note:  Lorson’s  catalog says 2 3/4" x 3",leatherette boards and matching slipcase, tipped-in etching).  Which is correct? Two editions?

      and have seen different descriptions for:
              Franciscan Missions of Fr. Zephyrin Engelhardt, OFM and Edward Borein.

      Any information  you can provide would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

      Darleen Cordova