The Microbibliophile... Nov/Dec 2012 Issue

  • James m Brogan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2012
      Hello, let me introduce you toTHE MICROBIBLIOPHILE© a bimonthly journal that has been part of the miniature book world since 1977.  Publishing six times a year and including news and educational informational about miniature books, miniature book publishers, authors, printers, binders, collectors, and the book arts as well as regular and classified  advertisements.  Please contact the editor for further information about submission of articles for publication and subscriptions.  We will publish a review for each new miniature book submitted to the editor.

      The current issue contains 10 miniature book reviews in addition to articles on ‘Charles Dickens and the Theater’, ‘William Lewis Washburn’, ‘The Private Journals of Wilbur Macey Stone’, ‘Book Grading Terms’, ‘Medieval Book Making, ‘Book Plates’,  ‘Holiday Book Collecting’, 'A Punctuation Quiz', ‘Smoking Bishop’, and much more.

      We print and report news and miniature book information that you will not find in any other source.

      Advertising accepted, with discounts for repeated inclusions, (email editor for details)

      2012 Subscription Rates: (6 issues per year)

      $36.00/year--USA--First Class mail
      $42.00/year--Canada--First Class mail
      $46.00/year--Overseas airmail

      Subscriptions discounts (10%) for full time students

      Please make checks payable to ‘The Microbibliophile'

      The Microbibliophile
      P.O. Box 5453
      North Branch, New Jersey, 08876, USA

      PayPal payments can be processed for an additional fee of $2.00, submit funds, in US dollars to: editor@...

      Thank you and enjoy the journey,
      Jim Brogan
      Editor

    • James m Brogan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
        Hello,
        let me introduce you toTHE
        MICROBIBLIOPHILE© a bimonthly journal that has been part of the
        miniature book world since 1977.  Publishing six times a year and including news
        and educational informational about miniature books, miniature book publishers,
        authors, printers, binders, collectors, and the book arts as well as regular
        and classified  advertisements.  Please contact the editor for further
        information about submission of articles for publication and subscriptions.  We will publish a review for each new
        miniature book submitted to the editor.

        The January 2013 issue contains 6 miniature book reviews. 2013 is the 100th birthday of Achille J. St. Onge. As such each issue this year will include special articles about St. Onge the man as well as his books, printers, binders, and friends, four are included with the current issue. Also included with this issue are articles discussing 2012 MBS Distinguished Book Award Winner, Swells and Spines or The Man Who Bound at Sea, by Christina Amato, ‘The Arts and Sciences of Making Medieval Books, Part 2’, by Randy Asplund,  ‘About John Steinbeck’, by Robert F. Orr Hanson,  ‘Paper Making, A Very Brief and Incomplete History’, by Peter Thomas, ‘Resting Places and Sightseeing’, by Michael Garbett, ‘Book Curses’, by  M. Challenger and Jim Brogan, as well as a most interesting visit with a miniature book collector, Pat Pistner.

        We
        will be re-launching our website: www.microbibliophile77.com with a new BLOG format in the next week, stay tuned for an interesting look at THE MICROBIBLIOPHILE© and what is
        planned for future issues.

        We print and report news and miniature book
        information that you will not find in any other source.

        Advertising accepted, with discounts for
        repeated inclusions.

        2012
        Subscription Rates: (6 issues per year) (Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept., &
        Nov.)

        $36.00/year--USA--First Class mail
        $42.00/year--Canada--First
        Class mail
        $46.00/year--Overseas
        airmail

        Subscriptions discounts (10%) for full time
        students

        Please
        make checks payable to ‘The Microbibliophile'

        The Microbibliophile
        P.O. Box 5453
        North Branch, New Jersey, 08876, USA

        PayPal payments can be processed for an additional fee of $2.00, please contact
        the editor to request a PayPal invoice: editor@...

        Thank
        you,
        Jim Brogan
        Editor

      • James m Brogan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2013
          Hello,
          let me introduce you toTHE
          MICROBIBLIOPHILE© a bimonthly journal that has been part of the
          miniature book world since 1977.  Publishing six times a year and including news
          and educational informational about miniature books, miniature book publishers,
          authors, printers, binders, collectors, and the book arts as well as regular
          and classified  advertisements.  Please contact the editor for further
          information about submission of articles for publication and subscriptions.  We will publish a review for each new
          miniature book submitted to the editor.

          The July 2013 issue contains 4 miniature book reviews. 2013 is the 100th birthday of Achille J. St. Onge. As such each issue this year will include special articles about St. Onge the man as well as his books, printers, binders, printers, and friends. The feature St. Onge article for this issue is about the variant editions of the St. Onge publications and includes four color pages with various pictures of these special books. Also included is a ‘checklist’ of all of the St. Onge books. Other articles include ‘The Arts and Sciences of Making Medieval Books, Part 5’, by Randy Asplund, Famous Miniature Book People, James Weygand, by Jim Brogan, ‘Recollections’ by Peter Thomas, ‘happenings in the miniature book world’,  and much more, 48 pages of miniature book reading enjoyment. The next issue to be published on September 1 will feature articles about the publishers and binders used to produce the St Onge books.

          We have
          re-launching our website: www.microbibliophile77.com with a new BLOG format take a love, we love feedback, stay tuned for an
          interesting look at THE
          MICROBIBLIOPHILE© and what is planned for future issues.

          We print and report news and miniature book
          information that you will not find in any other source.

          Advertising accepted, with discounts for
          repeated inclusions.

          2013

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2013

            Hello, let me introduce you to THE MICROBIBLIOPHILE© a bimonthly journal that has been part of the miniature book world since 1977.

            Publishing six times a year and including news and educational informational about miniature books, miniature book publishers, authors,

            printers, binders, collectors, and the book arts as well as regular and classified  advertisements.  Please contact the editor for further

            information about submission of articles for publication and subscriptions.

            THE MICROBIBLIOPHILE© will publish a review for each new miniature book submitted to the editor.

            The November/December 2013 issue contains 7 miniature book reviews, including tiny tomes by Mystical Places Press, Bo Press Miniature Books, Plum Park Press, and BB Miniatures. The St. Onge checklist has been updated to show the printers and binders for each of the 73 St. Onge miniatures. Frank Irwin of the Hillside Press is the subject of the Famous Miniature Book People article. ‘Mother Books’ by Jerry Morris provides an interesting look at the books published by the Clearview Press and much more, 48 pages of miniature book reading enjoyment. The next issue to be published on January 1 will feature articles about ‘book collecting’ and all of its intricate components.

            THE MICROBIBLIOPHILE© prints and reports news and miniature book information that you will not find in any other source.

            Advertising accepted, with discounts for repeated inclusions.

            2013 Subscription Rates: (6 issues per year) (Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept., & Nov.)

            $39.00/year--USA--First Class mail

            $45.00/year--Canada--First Class mail

            $49.00/year--Overseas airmail