The Bestiary completed

  • Randy Asplund
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2012
      Hi folks,

      Well it took ages (I started in mid September) but I finally finished
      making the miniature Bestiary. I promised you al a link when I had
      finished loading it onto my web site. I have lots of pictures of how I
      made it. And I have pictures of the display that I made to go with it.
      The book is 2.75" tall, and the display is a medieval lectern 11.5"
      tall which comes with a model of a waxed tablet and brass stylus.

      This book was a TON of work. Leather inlays, gilding, integral double
      sewn end-bands wrapped in silk colored threads, clasps hand fashioned
      out of brass, and all of that was easy compared to the intricate
      interlaced border on the front. That thing alone took 3 days of
      fussing (I'll do it a different way if I ever try that again...)

      Anyway, here is the set. I hope you enjoy seeing it. It will be on
      display next Sunday at the Kerrytown Bookfest, which some of you may
      remember from the Conclave being held alongside it a few years ago.
      http://www.randyasplund.com/pages/article/bestiary.html

      Randy Asplund
      Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
      www.RandyAsplund.com
      Maker of Medieval books and
      Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
      (734) 663-0954
      2101 S. Circle Dr.
      Ann Arbor, MI 48103 USA

    • AJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2012
        Hi Randy,

        thanks for sending this. Your new book is absolutly fantastic. I can
        image all the time and work you put into the project and it is
        wonderful that you show us some of the steps in making the book.
        I hope the Kerrytown Bookfest is sucessfull. I really enjoyed being
        there in 2006.

        Best wishes from Germany,
        Angelika