MBS - The rarest John Coleman Burroughs book - a minibook

  • arnobernoarno
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2012
      Perhaps one of the most curious and unique projects that JCB and his father collaborated on came about in 1937. Popular Hollywood actress, Colleen Moore, invited ERB to contribute a tiny Tarzan book for her miniature Fairy Castle Collection at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. What she received was an original fable featuring a princess and Tarzan, Jr. written by ERB and illustrated by John Coleman Burroughs. The unusual thing about this story is that it was printed, by hand, in a one-of-a-kind, one inch by one inch, miniature book.

      http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/0335.html

      And here is the complete minibook:
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag0/0042.html

      And some pictures of the Fairy Castle Library Of Colleen Moore
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag15/1541.html

      best regards
      Arno :-)
    • James m Brogan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
        Hello, let me introduce you toTHE MICROBIBLIOPHILE© a bimonthly journal that has been part of the miniature book world since 1977. Publishing six times a year and including news and educational informational about miniature books, miniature book publishers, authors, printers, binders, collectors, and the book arts as well as regular and classified  advertisements.  Please contact the editor for further information about submission of articles for publication and subscriptions. We will publish a review for each new miniature book submitted to the editor.

        The June 2012 issue contains 6 new miniature book reviews in addition to articles on ‘Shakespeare’s Folios’, ‘Wigtown, Scotland’, ‘The Special Collections at the Newark Public Library’, ‘Dickens Dog’s’, ‘The Bibliotheca Thurkowiana Minor’, ‘Glen Dawson’, The Next Generation of Miniature Book Connoisseurs’,  and much more.

        We print and report news and miniature book information that you will not find in any other source.

        Advertising accepted, with discounts for repeated inclusions.

        Subscription discounts (10%) for full time students

        2012 Subscription Rates: (6issues per year)
        $36.00/year--USA--First Class mail
        $42.00/year--Canada--First Class mail
        $46.00/year--Overseas airmail

        Please make checks payable to ‘The Microbibliophile'

        The Microbibliophile
        P.O. Box 5453
        North Branch, New Jersey, 08876, USA

        PayPal payments can be processed for an additional fee of $2.00, please contact the editor to request a PayPal invoice. editor@...