An announcement

  • Randy Asplund
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16 2:27 PM
      Hello everybody!

      I have two announcements.

      First, after a LOT of work, I am happy to announce that I have re-
      launched www.RandyAsplund.com with a whole new look, new photo laden
      articles on making books the way they were made in the middle ages,
      medieval illuminated manuscript art, and several other photo articles
      on subjects like living life as a viking and sailing on a 14th century
      cog ship out of Sweden a couple of summers ago. Its a lot of fun, and
      I would like to invite you to go exploring.

      The second announcement is that the VA Festival of the Book in
      Charlottesville, VA. is bringing me down to show off what I do with
      making books the way it was done in the middle ages. So if you are in
      the area, please come on by and visit! I'll be speaking on that Sunday
      and on science fiction illustration on Friday. The exhibits area is
      Saturday. If they arrive in the mail in time to bring them (crossing
      fingers), I'll have all five books of Pliny's Historia Naturalis by
      the Folio Society that I recently painted illuminated manuscript
      covers for.

      In the meantime, I'm trying to think of the subject for the next
      miniature medieval book. Anybody t a suggestion? I'm thinking possibly
      a 13th c. Bestiary on parchment, about 2-1/2 inches high.

      Randy

      Randy Asplund
      Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
      www.RandyAsplund.com
      Maker of Medieval books and
      Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
      (734) 663-0954
      2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103

    • Angelika Jaeck
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17 3:08 PM
        Hi Randy,

        your new web site is awesome!I really like the details in your articles
        about the making of your medieval books and the scribe tools page.

        Best wishes from Germnay,
        Angelika