Greetings

  • Adrienne Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 1999
      Sydney Australia

      I've been interested in making min books for some time and have tried to buy an instructive text about min book binding. It is not easy!
      I made a little book of three sections for curiosity and I had never realised how many fingers I had. I have made some tools from bamboo and discoered that spring paper clips were good for holding the sections while I was working on them.

      I am a member of the NSW Guild of Craft Bookbinders and although never likely to have serious collectors beating a path to my door I have a lot of pleasuire from my bookish activities.

      AMazon.com offered me a book by Bondy, but by the time I confirmed the order someone else had bought it. Just as well, it was not inexpensive.

      Best wishes to all=Adrienne
    • Angelika Jaeck
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
        Hi everybody!

        after spending a few days in New York (where I found some nice
        miniature books), I'm home at last and trying to get my time
        sense back to normal again.

        The Conclave was great, I really enjoyed myself. Best of all was
        the exhibition at the Lilly Library. It really should be a
        permanent one.

        Thanks to Stephen Cape and all the others that organized the
        Conclave, you did a great job!

        Best wishes to my old and new friends, see you all in Cincinnati.
        Meanwhile, I hope to hear from you all on this list, share your
        miniature book adventures with us!

        Angelika