wandering book artists

  • Peter and Donna Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2011
      Hi Everyone,

      We start wandering homeward in March. Come join us and our Gypsy
      Wagon at the John C. Campbell Folk School. Brasstown NC. We will be
      teaching a class March 27-April 2, 2011 titled Small-format Artist
      Books - Structure and Content. Here is the description: Learn to bind
      exciting, colorful, intricate small books that will shine like "gems"
      on every bookshelf. In this comprehensive (and fun!) class, make
      paper, bind books, and enhance the blank books' beauty with words and
      image. Start each day with a binding project from pre-cut materials,
      followed by time to explore and create on your own. Depart with new
      ideas and many finished books. All levels welcome.

      Then how about trying something different? The next week we will be
      teaching beginning Ukulele. Always wanted to play an instrument to
      accompany your singing? (always wanted to play book arts folk songs
      like you see Peter perform on Youtube?) Four fingers, four
      strings...the ukulele was made for you! Learn basic chords and keys,
      and maybe even transposition and moveable chords. Together we will
      play songs like "Little Grass Shack," "Five Foot Two," and many more.
      Hapa-Haole, Tin Pan Alley, old timey, folk and rock - the uke can
      handle them all! Don't want to sing? Just come and have fun strumming
      along with everyone else. Level 1: Beginning (no experience required)

      Peter and Donna Thomas

      http://wanderingbookartists.blogspot.com/