wandering book artists

  • Peter and Donna Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      We are at the conclave and realized that we have neglected to let the
      MBS membership know about our big adventure. Donna and I are
      traveling around the country in our homemade gypsy wagon artist's
      bookmoblile visiting libraries and community based book arts groups.

      We will write on our blog about the convention after it is over.

      Here is the address for our blog so you can see what we are up to.

      http://www.wanderingbookartists.blogspot.com/

      Yours Peter and Donna Thomas

    • Peter and Donna Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2011
        Hi Everyone,

        We start wandering homeward in March. Come join us and our Gypsy
        Wagon at the John C. Campbell Folk School. Brasstown NC. We will be
        teaching a class March 27-April 2, 2011 titled Small-format Artist
        Books - Structure and Content. Here is the description: Learn to bind
        exciting, colorful, intricate small books that will shine like "gems"
        on every bookshelf. In this comprehensive (and fun!) class, make
        paper, bind books, and enhance the blank books' beauty with words and
        image. Start each day with a binding project from pre-cut materials,
        followed by time to explore and create on your own. Depart with new
        ideas and many finished books. All levels welcome.

        Then how about trying something different? The next week we will be
        teaching beginning Ukulele. Always wanted to play an instrument to
        accompany your singing? (always wanted to play book arts folk songs
        like you see Peter perform on Youtube?) Four fingers, four
        strings...the ukulele was made for you! Learn basic chords and keys,
        and maybe even transposition and moveable chords. Together we will
        play songs like "Little Grass Shack," "Five Foot Two," and many more.
        Hapa-Haole, Tin Pan Alley, old timey, folk and rock - the uke can
        handle them all! Don't want to sing? Just come and have fun strumming
        along with everyone else. Level 1: Beginning (no experience required)

        Peter and Donna Thomas

        http://wanderingbookartists.blogspot.com/