Russian books

  • Dr Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 1999
      Can anyone tell us - esp. bookbinders - what is the shiny material Markov
      uses for his handpainted bindings? His books are beautiful, we have been buying
      them. Unfortunately it is very difficult to communicate with Mr. Markov. After
      years of selling his books at the Conclaves, he didn't even learn the numbers
      in English, let alone the ability to explain his bindings. For our indexing system
      we like to know what our books are bound in.

      Paul Devenyi
    • Dr Paul Devenyi
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 1999
        Many thanks for several letters of information about my question about the Russian
        book bindings, esp. Barbara Raheb's and Martin Znidersic's interesting and
        scholarly explanations. Obviously there is a wealth of knowledge out there among
        MBS members and it is nice that some are willing to share their knowledge with
        less knowledgable people, such as I am. This is also a good demonstration of the
        many potential usefulness of the onelist: source of learning, information ex-
        change etc.
        Paul Devenyi