Hellenica

  • POLICHRONIDIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 1999
      Dear Pat,
      Following your last message to 'onelist' subscribers, asking
      for more active info exchange between MBS members, in
      order to upgrade our site, I am sending you a few words
      regarding my own interests in our field.
      In order to promote our ideas in Greece, where the production
      of miniature books is practically non-existant, I thought it is
      a good idea to start collecting books conected in a way or
      another to Greece, even if most of them are produced by
      non-greeks. This automatically defines my priorities as
      follows :

      1. Books printed in Greek language (e.g. NEW TESTAMENT-
      Jannon, Pickering, EPICTETUS - Plantin+, Foulis+,
      HORAE-Aldus+, BOOK OF HOURS+, HOROLOGION-
      Estienne+, PSALTERION-Plantin+,Grapheum+, etc)

      2. Greek authors in any language (AESOP'S FABLES+ HIPPOCRATES+,
      HOMER+, THEOPHRASTOS+ etc)

      3. Greek subjects in any language (e.g. PENSEES GRECQUES- Kundig,
      ALEXANDER GOES TO ATHENS-Susanne Pruhnicky,
      PICTURES OF GRECIAN HISTORY-Mills+, etc).

      The items marked above with (+) are NOT in my collection and
      therefore I will be pleased to receive offers from our
      collegues who might want to sell or exchange.
      I do hope that by gathering and later exhibiting books like the above in
      Greece, I will convince book-lovers from my country to look with a
      different eye at miniature books.

      Best regards.
      Grigoris Polychronidis
      loco@...