Re: [miniaturebooks] New website for the Miniature Book Society!

  • Steve Slesinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
      Warning!!!  My virus checker said this site was malicious spyware. Don't know who sent the original message but do NOT go there!!!
      --Steve Slesinger

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
        It is the official site, but I think there just must be something
        wrong with the site. It froze up my safari program when I looked at it.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
          I have looked at the web site using a Mac and Firefox with no problem
          whatsoever. Macs are more immune to virus attacks than PCs, but I
          doubt the issue was the web site.

          And I would like to give some praise to whoever wrote the site. It
          looks beautiful! And the layout works really well for me. Superb job.

          As for me, I spent the summer in Sweden doing medieval research to
          support my book I am writing about how books were made in the middle
          ages. There were some really great experiences, like dressing up as a
          medieval scribe at the Cog Ship living history museum and getting
          pictures of me doing medieval processes in a medieval setting. Then I
          took the camera as all of us dressed in 14th c. clothes went out on
          the cog ship under sail in the straits between Sweden and Denmark.
          There are more pictures of us in viking clothes visiting a viking
          market event held at the Foteviken Viking living history village museum.

          The "we" I refer to is my new wife and I. It's been a busy year! If
          you are interested in these and other pictures of scribal arts and
          visiting Sweden's middle ages take a look at my new Facebook page.
          Just hunt up my name..

          Randy Asplund

          On Dec 7, 2009, at 10:30 PM, karenkabakjian wrote:

          > As an appreciator of tiny books, you should know that the Miniature
          > Book Society (MBS) launched a new website that can benefit you.
          >
          > It has links to interesting miniature book news sites, links to
          > most MBS publications and a list of our members who print, bind,
          > publish and sell miniature books. There's information on
          > collections all over the world that you can visit, a list of
          > important references that can increase your knowledge of miniature
          > books, plus details on our traveling exhibit and on upcoming
          > conclaves. You'll also learn how you can enter our annual
          > competition and qualify for a Distinguished Book Award. There's an
          > MBS store where you can purchase MBS miniature books, mini
          > bookends, MBS tote bags and more.
          >
          > If you join, you too can profit! It's easy to join and reap the
          > rewards - check it out and be a part of this wonderful
          > international group of book lovers.
          >
          > Here's a link: http://www.mbs.org

          Randy Asplund
          www.RandyAsplund.com
          Maker of Medieval books and
          Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
          (734) 663-0954
          2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103