New website for the Miniature Book Society!

  • karenkabakjian
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2009
      As an appreciator of tiny books, you should know that the Miniature Book Society (MBS) launched a new website that can benefit you.

      It has links to interesting miniature book news sites, links to most MBS publications and a list of our members who print, bind, publish and sell miniature books. There's information on collections all over the world that you can visit, a list of important references that can increase your knowledge of miniature books, plus details on our traveling exhibit and on upcoming conclaves. You'll also learn how you can enter our annual competition and qualify for a Distinguished Book Award. There's an MBS store where you can purchase MBS miniature books, mini bookends, MBS tote bags and more.

      If you join, you too can profit! It's easy to join and reap the rewards - check it out and be a part of this wonderful international group of book lovers.

      Here's a link: http://www.mbs.org
    • Steve Slesinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
        Warning!!!  My virus checker said this site was malicious spyware. Don't know who sent the original message but do NOT go there!!!
        --Steve Slesinger

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
          It is the official site, but I think there just must be something
          wrong with the site. It froze up my safari program when I looked at it.

          Peter

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
            I have looked at the web site using a Mac and Firefox with no problem
            whatsoever. Macs are more immune to virus attacks than PCs, but I
            doubt the issue was the web site.

            And I would like to give some praise to whoever wrote the site. It
            looks beautiful! And the layout works really well for me. Superb job.

            As for me, I spent the summer in Sweden doing medieval research to
            support my book I am writing about how books were made in the middle
            ages. There were some really great experiences, like dressing up as a
            medieval scribe at the Cog Ship living history museum and getting
            pictures of me doing medieval processes in a medieval setting. Then I
            took the camera as all of us dressed in 14th c. clothes went out on
            the cog ship under sail in the straits between Sweden and Denmark.
            There are more pictures of us in viking clothes visiting a viking
            market event held at the Foteviken Viking living history village museum.

            The "we" I refer to is my new wife and I. It's been a busy year! If
            you are interested in these and other pictures of scribal arts and
            visiting Sweden's middle ages take a look at my new Facebook page.
            Just hunt up my name..

            Randy Asplund

            On Dec 7, 2009, at 10:30 PM, karenkabakjian wrote:

            > As an appreciator of tiny books, you should know that the Miniature
            > Book Society (MBS) launched a new website that can benefit you.
            >
            > It has links to interesting miniature book news sites, links to
            > most MBS publications and a list of our members who print, bind,
            > publish and sell miniature books. There's information on
            > collections all over the world that you can visit, a list of
            > important references that can increase your knowledge of miniature
            > books, plus details on our traveling exhibit and on upcoming
            > conclaves. You'll also learn how you can enter our annual
            > competition and qualify for a Distinguished Book Award. There's an
            > MBS store where you can purchase MBS miniature books, mini
            > bookends, MBS tote bags and more.
            >
            > If you join, you too can profit! It's easy to join and reap the
            > rewards - check it out and be a part of this wonderful
            > international group of book lovers.
            >
            > Here's a link: http://www.mbs.org

            Randy Asplund
            www.RandyAsplund.com
            Maker of Medieval books and
            Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
            (734) 663-0954
            2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103