Fwd: Invitation to submit work for miniature book exhibition- Biennial in Azerbaijan-

  • Jill Timm
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      FYI

      Jill Timm
      Mystical Places Press
      www.mysticalplaces.com
      Publisher of Artist Book News
      www.artistbooknews.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SUZANNE REESE-HORVITZ <surbt@...>
      To: member@...; nalbert@...; PALKOVMA@...; joan_boring@...; jtimm@...; jbrogan1@...
      Sent: Wed, Sep 30, 2009 6:12 am
      Subject: Invitation to submit work for miniature book exhibition- Biennial in Azerbaijan-

      Suzanne Reese Horvitz + Robert Roesch

      Home: 2310 Perot St, Philadelphia 19130

      Studio:128 Batchelor, Hammonton, NJ 08037

      http://www.SuzanneHorvitz.com    http://www.RobertRoesch.com

      Robert- 215 828 9633, Sue - 215 350 8200

      =

      Dear Miniature Book Society- We would appreciate it if you could distribute this invitation to your membership.

      The United States Embassy in Baku,
      Azerbaijan has invited us to curate an exhibition of Miniature Artists'
      Books by American Artists.
      The exhibition will be an official part of the Baku Biennial opening
      December 11, 2009. The U.S. exhibit will be held in the “Museum Center” which
      is the main museum on the waterfront in downtown Baku – This
      is one of the central places for work by Biennial participants to be
      displayed.  A small catalog will be printed in Azerbaijani and
      English to accompany the exhibition.

       We plan to include 50 small=2
      0books.  We would like to exhibit books that
      could be donated at the exhibition's close and become a permanent part of the
      Azerbaijan Museum’s collection. Please feel free to share this email with
      artist friends who may be creating appropriate book-works.

       Criteria:
      Books must be no larger than 3 or 4 inches in any one dimension. Books
      can be “one of a kind” or part of a limited edition.  We have a small budget but will be able to give each artists
      selected for the exhibition $100.

       If you are interested in participating,
      please email us  a description of
      the

      miniature book or books that  you would like to exhibit, and please
      include a few

      jpegs of each book.  All images must be received through
      email by October 15.

      Thank you

      Sue and Robert

      information about Baku  and the Museum Center can be found at:

      http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku

      http://www.advantour.com/azerbaijan/baku.htm

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/baku_snapper/show/with/2563858165/

      http://www.museumcenter.az/static,30/lang,en/