Miniature books.

  • Dr Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 1999
      Hi Friends! We spent so much E-nergy (eletronic energy) on rump and minibook-
      politics in the past few weeks, that I thought we should get back to the original
      purpose of the one-list: to keep each other informed about interesting news relating
      to miniature books, who acquired what, who is working on what etc. On a personal
      note, our trip to Koblenz was succesful, because we acquired a lot of nice books,
      many ot them through swapping. (Europeans like to do business this way) Our
      most notable purchases were: a 1822 Pickering with a fore-edge painting from Mike Garbett, Pat Baldwin's Coward book (her last copy) and the gorgeous cross-
      shaped Ten Commandments(in ten languages) by the Sobotas. We almost sold
      out (two left) of Mary's 1998 award winning "Graphic Art". Mary is busy practicing
      her newly- acquired skill of bookbinding for our two new books: "The Little Winebook 2000" and "My Three Lives" - they should be ready early in the new
      year. We are planning to do two more books by the Rutland conclave: "Books and
      People" ( about miniature books, our own collection and the miniature book-people
      we got to know and befriended over the years) and another minibook about
      contract bridge. We used to be like Woody Allen: one book(film) per year, but as
      you can see, we increased our tempo. And this is not retirement activity,because I still work in my practice, Mary helps me in the office and does her artwork and we also have an active family life (3 kids, 6 grandkids).

      It would be nice to have similar communications from others: what do you work
      on, what do you plan, what interesting books you saw or obtained?

      Regards to all of you: Paul Devenyi