New miniature book from Barbara Brear

  • Barbara Brear
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2009
      Hullo everyone
      I am delighted to announce the launch of my latest fully printed book.
      It is a book of Spells and Potions (more home remedies really and results are not guaranteed!)  There are 32 colour plates and 32 spells.  Marbled end papers and leather cover with blind tooling.
      This link will take you straight to that page - just zoot down to book number three.
      The book is 30 US dollars and I accept dollars cash or cheques.  See the page on Prices for full details if you want to order, but have a look anyway - it really is gorgeous!.

      Let me know what you think!
      Best wishes
      Barbara Brear
      http://www.bbminiatures.homestead.com/Fullyprintedbooks.html

    • Barbara Brear
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2014

        This is to let you all know that I have brought out a new miniature book - Spirits of Trees.  It is not dollshouse scale but is still miniature, being about one and a half inches square.

        It has many special features - beautiful tree photographs taken by my son and daughter-in-law and all my favourite tree poems - many, but not all,  by Robert Frost.  The accompanying text is in various colour tones to complement the photographs.  The end papers are in deep maroon with a laser tree cut out revealing exquisite miniature marbled paper by Jemma Marbling.  The cover is in a blue/grey leather and has a tree image pressed into the leather.

        It comes in an optional De Luxe Collector's Edition clamshell box which mirrors the marbled paper inside the book and the deep maroon paper used in the end papers.  Truly a book to treasure.

        It is a limited edition of 36 books and each book comes signed and numbered.

        The book alone is 75 US Dollars and the De Luxe Collector's Edition in the clamshell box is 100 US Dollars.

        Payment is by PayPal, to bbminiatures@...

        Let me know if you are interested.

        You can see more photos on my web site but you will need to click on Refresh before it shows.
        image
        bbminiatures
        Miniature books for collectors. Handcrafted, fully sewn, leather with onlays and tooling with presentation boxes. Marbled end papers.
        Preview by Yahoo

        Warm regards
        Barbara Brear

      • Barbara Brear
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2015

          Good day Everyone, from a cold and blustery South Africa

          I have a new miniature book, which might be of interest to you.  It was first published in 2008 but due to technical difficulties I only ever made 4 of them (one of which was for my Fellow application).  I have now overcome those technical difficulties and so the book is available once more.

          It is the story of  “A Character Trapped in a Book” specially written for me by Wanna in El Paso.  The face is rising up out of the cover of the book and by his expression you can see he is in extreme discomfort, poor fellow!  The extremely fine black leather pulled over his face shows every feature and agony.

          For the Book Collectors amongst you, you can also enquire about the special clam shell box that can be made to go with the Character Trapped in a Book.  It is covered in the same marbled paper that has been used for the end papers of the book.

          To celebrate this spooky book, I have also brought out a range of faux books with titles such as Book of Spells; The Dark Arts; Spell a day Almanac; The Wizardry, Runes of Ireland and Do-it-yourself broom care, amongst others.  This is to cater for those of you who have collections or scenes of wizards and witches, ghosts, spooks and Halloween.

          All these books are to be found on my web page on a Link called Wizard books.  There you will also find my Open Spell book and my fully printed Spells and Potions, both of which have been around for a while but they seemed to belong on the same page with the rest of the Wizard Books

          You are invited to visit my web page and click on Wizard Books.