year book online

  • Jill Timm
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Neale,

      I think an online version would be great. As web mistress I am not sure how best to do this. Since we would have to have a hard copy also, it seems the like if the year book was made into a pdf file, (which I guess maybe it already is) than it is simple up upload. I know databases can be used. I would have to find out how to do that. If the membership person were to give me an updated db or pdf every 2 or 3 months, it could be kept up to date. BUT I am not willing to be the one to do the data entry on either formats. That is duplicating efforts and I am not good at it. Of course, it should be available only to members and password protected. That is another thing I don't know how to do, but it can't be hard. I'll just have to do some research. Something I always try to keep in mind is to keep the mechanicals of the site as simple as possible, for someday I may want to pass the web site on to another caretaker and who knows what level their web skills might be.

      Jill

      PS. You can not hit reply to reply, you have to change the reply address to miniaturebooks@yahoogroups.com. I have no idea why and I wonder if that could be changed.

      Jill Timm

      Mystical Places Press

      Handcrafted artist books, one of a kind and small editions, miniature and not so miniature.

      www.mysticalplaces.com

      Publisher of Artist Book News

      www.artistbooknews.com

      Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.