Re: [miniaturebooks] Online MBS Yearbook ????

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      I agree with Stephen Byrnes' excellent comments.

      1. We would need to establish a password access system for privacy.

      2. We would need to provide for members who do not have, or want, computer access. We could do this by providing 8 x10 (or smaller) printouts for those members.

      So far the responses I am getting to my email are mostly favorable to the on-line concept.

      Perhaps we could establish a "members only" section on the MBS website, with password protection. The online directory could be in that section . And members could use the private section to communicate with the membership.

      Neale

      -----------------------------
      IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
      To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any
      U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
      is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding
      penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending

      (212) 373-3341 (Phone) | (212) 492-0341 (Fax)
      www.paulweiss.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Online is not yet convenient for me. Maybe some day.

        Peter Thomas
        On Dec 1, 2008, at 5:10 AM, Neale M Albert wrote:

        I welcome comments from MBS members on an idea.

        Should the annual Yearbook be available ionly online and not in print?

        This would (a) save the cost of printing and distributing it and (b)
        enable
        the information to be more up to date, as changes could be entered
        instantly.

        And it would save several trees.

        Ut would even be possible to include photographs of members.

        Comments ?

        Neale

        -----------------------------
        IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
        that any
        attachments)
        is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the
        purpose
        of (i) avoiding
        penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
        marketing or
        recommending

        (212) 373-3341 (Phone) | (212) 492-0341 (Fax)
        www.paulweiss.com

        contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are
        not the
        intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of
        this
        communication
        notify us immediately.