MBS Digital MB Collection of the University of North Texas Library

  • arnoarnooo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008
      http://www.digital.library.unt.edu/browse/department/rarebooks/mnbc/

      Miniature Book Collection

      The Miniature Books Collection of the UNT Libraries grew out of a
      collection of children's books that were donated in the 1930's. It has
      expanded to include almost 2,000 items. In order for a book to be
      considered a 'miniature' it can be no taller than 4" (10 mm); our
      collection includes several items that are smaller than 1/4" (5 mm)
      and one item less than 1/8" (1 mm.) tall. The Miniature Books
      Collection contains items as varied as prayer books dating from the
      mid-1600's to books published this year. It covers a wide variety of
      subjects in many languages from countries throughout the world. The
      collection includes limited edition fine press works as well as modern
      mass-market publications. Our strengths include late 20th century
      Hungarian miniatures, 19th century children's Sunday school
      literature, and various publishers such as Somesuch Press, REM
      Miniatures, Achille St. Onge, Darragh Hunter, and William Pickering.