Invitation

  • Lessedra
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
      BASRI MEKOLLI, Kosovo

      January 10 - January 31, 2008

      Opening reception with the presence of the artist

      January 10 from 5 to 7 p.m.

      More Information also here:

      http://www.lessedra.com/artistinfo.php?artistid=29

      Born 1966 in Podujeva - Kosova.

      Graduated from the Faculty of Arts (pintmaking department) in 1991, at the University of Prishtina.

      The same year he is awarded " Best Student of the Year".

      In 1998 Basri obtained a Master of Art degree at the same University.

      Now Basri Mekolli works as an Associate Professor and head of printmaking department at Faculty of Arts - University of Prishtina.

      Member of Kosova Art Association and included in the World Artists Commanduci Universal Dictionary/ Italy.

      Participation in many individual and collective art exhibitions in the country and abroad.

      Inspired in his art by philosophical and religious literature Basri is creating his own silent world of imaginary. Intaglio, Dry Point, Aquatint are some of the classical printmaking techniques he is using. In the same time the new technologies give him new possibilities and we can see images from his classical prints transformed into digital works.

      Lessedra Gallery & Contemporary Art Projects

      www.lessedra.com

      25, Milin Kamak Street, Lozenetz

      1164 Sofia, Bulgaria

      Tel. (++359 2) 866 38 57

    • Lessedra
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2008
        More Info & Images you can find here

        http://www.lessedra.com/gallery.php?d=current

        Robert Berguson, U. S. A.

        Ciphers + Scribes

        Prints and Drawings

        March 5th - March 29th 2008

        Opening reception: March 5th from 5 to 7 p. m.

        His tale as an artist encompasses the vast sweep from abstraction and modernism to conceptualism and postmodernism. After decades of his triumphs, we will still be living in Bob's world, one defined largely by his work as an artist and by his spirit. He became one of the most famous faces in the School of Art at Louisiana Tech University. The public has earnestly supported his work and his students have elevated him to a cult figure and a secular saint. Bob made imaginative leaps through experimentation which resulted in astonishing, mysterious, even counterintuitive work, that no matter what, captured people's imaginations.

        Bob is consistent in his willingness to be comfortable without conforming. Independent in his thinking, he is driven by an imagination that breaks from the confines of conventional wisdom. We all know there is nothing conventional about Bob. He is an odd breed, a reverential rebel, and is guided by faith.

        Marie Bukowski

        Assistant Professor Louisiana Tech University School of Art, USA

      • Georgi Kolev
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 11, 2014
          Hellodear Friend of Art,

          Itis my pleasure now kindly to invite you for the upcoming

          5th InternationalCompetition in
          A VERY SMALL SIZE
          Painting, Drawing, Collage,
          Watercolor,Photographs, Digital, MixedMedia…

          Witha respect to the quality of art
          not to the size of art...

          http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media.php

          deadlinefor sending packages is November 10th

          http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media_conditions.php?d=Conditions&l=en

          15x 15 cm or smaller = equal to 5,9 x 5,9 inches.
          Whensending them please note as usual,
          no frames, no mounts, just the piece of art,
          in a simple package stating "No commercial value".

          Looking forward to
          starta goodcooperation.

          Youcan contact me also on Yahooaccount

          georgi_lessedra@...

          With my best wishes from Sofia.

          Yours Georgi
          Lessedra

          www.lessedra.com

          Pleasepass this message on to anyone you think will be interested.
          Thank you very much!

        • Georgi Kolev
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2014

            Hellodear Friend of Art,

            Please note you have 2 months to send your works for the upcoming

            5th InternationalCompetition in
            A VERY SMALL SIZE
            Painting, Drawing, Collage,
            Watercolor,Photograph, Digital, MixedMedia…

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 28, 2014

              Hello dear Friend of Lessedra,

              Please note you have about two weeks
              to prepare and to send your works for the upcoming

              5th
               International Competition in
              A VERY SMALL SIZE
              Painting, Drawing, Collage,
              Watercolor, (miniature) Book, Photograph, Digital, Mixed Media…

              With a respect to the quality of art
              not to the size of art...

              http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media.php

              deadline for sending packages is November 10th

              http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media_conditions.php?d=Conditions&l=en

              15 x 15 cm or smaller = equal to 5,9 x 5,9 inches.
              When sending them please note as usual,
              no frames, no mounts, just the piece of art,
              in a simple package stating "No commercial value".

              It is my pleasure to introduce to you the catalogue of the 4th exhibition

              http://www.lessedra.com/Catalogue-PMM13.pdf

              Looking forward to
              continue our art relations.

              With my very best wishes from Sofia.