Missing Books from Conclave

  • marnold_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2007
      Dear MBS,

      My books were part of the table centerpieces during the banquet at
      the Conclave in Seattle. They were on two different tables and were a
      mix of miniature books and a larger books. Long story short, four of
      these books have gone missing. Two of them were on the same table and
      were larger books and two were miniature books.

      Here are there descriptions:

      Miniature Coptic book, approx. 3" x 3":
      Book block: Thai handmade deckled paper, about 2" thick,
      Cover: Thai handmade paper ribbon, oranges, pinks and yellow with
      paint effect over the top. Inside covers are red w/painted metallic
      effects.
      Spine: Green stitching, red tabs on each signature.

      Miniature Polymer book, approx. 3" tall x 2" w:
      Book block: plain white, end papers similar to cover in decoration
      are made of card stock.
      Cover: multicolor squiggly lines, textured to look like fabric.
      Spine: bright blue leather (teal-ish) color.
      This book was published in "Polymer Clay: Exploring New Ways with
      New Materials" by Georgia Sargeant, 2002.

      Polymer book, approx. 5.5" x 6":
      Book block: refillable bound snap in block (black ultrasuede spine
      with snaps on it), plain paper
      Cover: polymer clay with turquoise stripes and other colorful,
      small, designs in pinks, purple, orange, and metallic aqua squiggles
      laid on top, inside is black ultrasuede lining and snap down inside
      spine.
      Spine: metallic blue leather with copper suede ribbon stitched in.
      This book was published in "Polymer Clay: Exploring New Ways with
      New Materials" by Georgia Sargeant, 2002.

      House Shaped book, approx. 9" x 6":
      Book block: manila card stock pockets with paint effects and a
      poem written from page to page. Pages attached with ribbons.
      Cover: foam board house shape, silver leaf on front, metallic
      paint effects and newsprint transfers. Inside front cover is painted
      greens.
      Spine: indigo blue fabric with blue ribbons.

      The House Shaped book was in progress so not quite finished and was
      about the death of my daughter.

      If anyone has these books I would like to have them returned to me
      at 110 N. 201 St., Shoreline, WA 98133 - no questions asked.

      I have pictures of these books which will be posted on my website
      in the gallery area after this weekend, (www.mereditharnold.com) for
      identification purposes. If you see these books please tell them to
      come home.

      Apologies for the long post but I'm heart sick that I may never see
      my books again. I am hopeful that they have just gone on a temporary
      field trip...

      Thank you for you time and attention,

      Meredith Arnold
      Comedian Artist, Instructor, Designer