Invitation

  • Lessedra
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
      Barry Cottrell, England

      November 2007

      Information and Images you can find here

      http://www.lessedra.com/gallery.php?d=current

      The Driven Line@Lessedra

      The steel tip of the burin, as it is driven through the copper
      plate, gives rise to the elastic tension and beauty of the
      engraved line, and sets fire to the imagination

      Engraving for me is about communicating a certain joyful
      energy through the dance of the burin on copper, making
      lines which are alive.

      My imagery is usually strange, often humorous: mysterious
      characters and enigmatic animals reveal themselves, as if
      acting out their story in some mythical realm, or perhaps
      a parallel universe.

      When I first started as an artist, I made art out of inner
      necessity-because I had to. I was driven by a force larger
      than myself to make images from a world which I could
      not see with my eyes.

      Today I know that force to be natural, almost like lightning,
      a force which can be channelled by artists, so that nature
      is transformed by art and the imagination into culture.

      Lessedra Gallery & Contemporary Art Pojects

      www.lessedra.com

      Tel. (++359 2) 866 38 57

    • Lessedra
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
        BASRI MEKOLLI, Kosovo

        January 10 - January 31, 2008

        Opening reception with the presence of the artist

        January 10 from 5 to 7 p.m.

        More Information also here:

        http://www.lessedra.com/artistinfo.php?artistid=29

        Born 1966 in Podujeva - Kosova.

        Graduated from the Faculty of Arts (pintmaking department) in 1991, at the University of Prishtina.

        The same year he is awarded " Best Student of the Year".

        In 1998 Basri obtained a Master of Art degree at the same University.

        Now Basri Mekolli works as an Associate Professor and head of printmaking department at Faculty of Arts - University of Prishtina.

        Member of Kosova Art Association and included in the World Artists Commanduci Universal Dictionary/ Italy.

        Participation in many individual and collective art exhibitions in the country and abroad.

        Inspired in his art by philosophical and religious literature Basri is creating his own silent world of imaginary. Intaglio, Dry Point, Aquatint are some of the classical printmaking techniques he is using. In the same time the new technologies give him new possibilities and we can see images from his classical prints transformed into digital works.

        Lessedra Gallery & Contemporary Art Projects

        www.lessedra.com

        25, Milin Kamak Street, Lozenetz

        1164 Sofia, Bulgaria

        Tel. (++359 2) 866 38 57

      • Lessedra

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 4, 2008
            More Info & Images you can find here

            http://www.lessedra.com/gallery.php?d=current

            Robert Berguson, U. S. A.

            Ciphers + Scribes

            Prints and Drawings

            March 5th - March 29th 2008

            Opening reception: March 5th from 5 to 7 p. m.

            His tale as an artist encompasses the vast sweep from abstraction and modernism to conceptualism and postmodernism. After decades of his triumphs, we will still be living in Bob's world, one defined largely by his work as an artist and by his spirit. He became one of the most famous faces in the School of Art at Louisiana Tech University. The public has earnestly supported his work and his students have elevated him to a cult figure and a secular saint. Bob made imaginative leaps through experimentation which resulted in astonishing, mysterious, even counterintuitive work, that no matter what, captured people's imaginations.

            Bob is consistent in his willingness to be comfortable without conforming. Independent in his thinking, he is driven by an imagination that breaks from the confines of conventional wisdom. We all know there is nothing conventional about Bob. He is an odd breed, a reverential rebel, and is guided by faith.

            Marie Bukowski

            Assistant Professor Louisiana Tech University School of Art, USA

          • Georgi Kolev
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 11, 2014
              Hellodear Friend of Art,

              Itis my pleasure now kindly to invite you for the upcoming

              5th InternationalCompetition in
              A VERY SMALL SIZE
              Painting, Drawing, Collage,
              Watercolor,Photographs, Digital, MixedMedia…

              Witha respect to the quality of art
              not to the size of art...

              http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media.php

              deadlinefor sending packages is November 10th

              http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media_conditions.php?d=Conditions&l=en

              15x 15 cm or smaller = equal to 5,9 x 5,9 inches.
              Whensending them please note as usual,
              no frames, no mounts, just the piece of art,
              in a simple package stating "No commercial value".

              Looking forward to
              starta goodcooperation.

              Youcan contact me also on Yahooaccount

              georgi_lessedra@...

              With my best wishes from Sofia.

              Yours Georgi
              Lessedra

              www.lessedra.com

              Pleasepass this message on to anyone you think will be interested.
              Thank you very much!

            • Georgi Kolev
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10, 2014

                Hellodear Friend of Art,

                Please note you have 2 months to send your works for the upcoming

                5th InternationalCompetition in
                A VERY SMALL SIZE
                Painting, Drawing, Collage,
                Watercolor,Photograph, Digital, MixedMedia…

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 28, 2014

                  Hello dear Friend of Lessedra,

                  Please note you have about two weeks
                  to prepare and to send your works for the upcoming

                  5th
                   International Competition in
                  A VERY SMALL SIZE
                  Painting, Drawing, Collage,
                  Watercolor, (miniature) Book, Photograph, Digital, Mixed Media…

                  With a respect to the quality of art
                  not to the size of art...

                  http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media.php

                  deadline for sending packages is November 10th

                  http://www.lessedra.com/mixed_media_conditions.php?d=Conditions&l=en

                  15 x 15 cm or smaller = equal to 5,9 x 5,9 inches.
                  When sending them please note as usual,
                  no frames, no mounts, just the piece of art,
                  in a simple package stating "No commercial value".

                  It is my pleasure to introduce to you the catalogue of the 4th exhibition

                  http://www.lessedra.com/Catalogue-PMM13.pdf

                  Looking forward to
                  continue our art relations.

                  With my very best wishes from Sofia.