2008 MBS Competition

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2007
      The Seattle Conclave was a big success.

      Next year we will be meeting in September in San Diego.

      I will be the chair again of the MBS competition.

      I hope that many of the miniature book makers who are members of this group
      will enter the competition next year.

      you don't have to be a member of the Society to enter.

      You can read about the Competition on the MBS website, www.mbs.org.

      We have extra copies of the catalog of the 2007 Competition. They will be
      sent to all MBS members who weren't at the Conclave. If any non member
      would like one send me an email.

      Neale M. Albert

      -----------------------------
      IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
      that any
      attachments)
      of (i) avoiding
      recommending

      (212) 373-3341 (Phone) | (212) 492-0341 (Fax)
      www.paulweiss.com

      notify us immediately.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
        To all miniature book publishers and artists --

        This is a reminder that its time to think about entering the 2008
        Miniature Book Society Competition.

        For information and an entry form go to www.mbs.org. You don't have to be
        a member of the Society to enter.

        There is one significant change in the Competition this year.

        In the past only editioned miniature books could be entered in the
        Competition.

        This year, for the first time, one of a kind "artist's books" can also be
        entered. They won't qualify for a Distinguished Book Award. But they will
        be included in the catalog and in the year-long exhibition. This is
        intended to bring this category of original work to the attention of the
        MBS membership.

        We hope that we will receive several books in this category. The first
        has already been received, "Crystals", by George Kirkpatrick. George is
        primarily know as a designer binder. He made several of the bindings which
        were included in my Grolier exhibition of designer bound miniature books
        (which exhibition will travel to England this Summer, to the John Rylands
        Library). But for this miniature book he did it all -- designer, printer
        and binder.

        If you have any questions at all about the 2008 Competition please
        addrtess them to me.

        Neale M. Albert
        Chair, MBS Competition Committee

        notify us immediately.